Producing informational or promotional videos is commonplace now and not just the domain of professional cameramen or national brands. If you are a regular viewer of YouTube, you can see a wide variety of tutorials, music and other types of videos made by ordinary people that look great. How do they do it?
If you are seeking to create videos for your business or product, you don’t have to spend an arm and a leg to get it done. Look for these low budget options to get it done:
- Cost effective video recording equipment is in the palm of your hand. Use your smartphone for recording! Most of the latest models incorporate high definition video for crisper footage.
- Use an external microphone for better sound quality when using a phone for your video needs. There are options made for smartphones that will help even out the sound quality and provide a professional audio sound.
- Use a tripod for stable shooting.
- Find a good editing software. Programs such as iMovie may come with a computer but if you have a few dollars to spend, look into a software program like Final Cut Pro or Sony Vegas Movie Studio. These types of programs are easy to use, have more advanced features to dress up a video.
- If your video would benefit from still images, use your smartphone to take photographs. Again, the latest models have high definition cameras that can take clear photos that can be added to the video.
- Look into a lighting kit. For a few hundred dollars, you can find a kit at a big box home improvement store to use when filming. Lighting is key to the ultimate look of the video so invest in a good kit.
A well-executed video will enhance your business. The opportunity to use video as a tool to build your expertise and showcase your wares is well worth the investment. You can indeed get a dazzling video on a budget that will “wow” your viewers!